[DotGNU]SWF

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: [DotGNU]SWF
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:05:39 -0400

Thanks for the interest! We are all operating this pretty much informally - pick something, stub it out, get the very basics onto the cvs and build from there. If you are actively involved in an area, send to the mailing list and tell people. It wont guarantee that someone doesnt compete - but someone wont if you are making progress. Also - ASK QUESTIONS, we are here to help. I would be really happy getting anyone started, and we dont want people stuck on things.

I have approximately ranked each of the groups of work according to my valuation of importance.
The ranking is based on pieces that need to be completed for other pieces and how quickly System.Windows.Forms will become real world useful. Don't take them completely as gospel though.

I will add this to the Wiki. Anyone feel free to add/move around.

http://wiki.dotgnu.org/SystemWindowsForms

Toolkits : adding image support including icons. Rhys is working hard on this, images in X are v. trickey !
System.Drawing.Drawing2D : Linear Gradient Brush. Neil or someone else can add this in easily once images are done. This will allow some cool drawing effects.
System.Drawing.Imaging : Images, jpg, png, gif, scaling, rotation, transforming. jpg, png, gif support is v. tricky. Rhys is working on this. We could use SWT code, move this across from Java. Something to consider. The only thing that is key for us to get going is bmp support (easiest)
System.Windows.Forms : ListBox/CheckedListBox
System.Windows.Forms : Finish ComboBox
System.Windows.Forms : Finish H&VScrollbar - looks like speed issue and some functionality
System.Windows.Forms : ImageList - needed so apps can use images
System.Windows.Forms : ToolBar finish
Toolkits : Dialog support
System.Windows.Forms : Control - finish keyboard support, dialog support. Little tricky - Neil or Rhys
System.Windows.Forms : Open/Save/Folder/Font/Color/Print Common Dialogs - will need some toolkit pieces for the harder common dialogs like font. These are *very* cool to do.
System.Windows.Forms : MessageBoxes - needs images and dialog
System.Windows.Forms : DataGrid
System.Windows.Forms : Treeview - Neil working on initial version
System.Windows.Forms : TextBox - add scrollbar support
System.Drawing.Drawing2D :
Pen Styles (cap, dash style etc.)
System.Windows.Forms : MainMenu - finish off, multiple colums, short cut keys, images, keyboard
System.Windows.Forms : ListView
System.Windows.Forms : DateTimePicker
System.Windows.Forms : MonthCalendar
System.Windows.Forms : Splitter
System.Windows.Forms : TrackBar
System.Windows.Forms : StatusBar
System.Windows.Forms : Finish TabControl - left, bottom and right tabs
Toolkits :
Improved Font support
Toolkits : System colors and other system info
Toolkits : toolkit support for maximizing, minimizing and events
System.Windows.Forms.Form : finish hooking in minimize etc, keyboard and other pieces
System.Drawing.Printing
System.Drawing.Postscript
Toolkits : Work on optimizing X
System.Windows.Forms : Richtextbox - difficult!
System.Windows.Forms : DomainUpDown
System.Windows.Forms : NumericUpDown
System.Windows.Forms : HelpProvider
System.Windows.Forms : ToolTip
System.Windows.Forms : NotifyIcon
System.Windows.Forms : PrintDocument/Print Preview/PageSetup
System.Windows.Forms : Theme support - XP, Gnome, KDE
System.Windows.Forms : ErrorProvider
System.Drawing.Regions : support Graphics paths
System.Drawing.Graphics : Optimize Draw and Measure String to minimize X trips for speed
System.Drawing.Graphics : Metafile support