RE: [DotGNU]System.Widows.Forms Progress

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]System.Widows.Forms Progress
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:52:05 -0400

>Amazing I can't believe it. In a couple of months you wrote the core SWF.
>And it works really well.
>
>How is this possible? the power of C#,  the beauty of Xsharp ????

The technology is great!
>TextBox rendering is very slow on my box.

At the moment we are drawing each character individually, once we have done the DrawString primitive, and added scrollbars to the textbox, we will do the optimization - we will get it v. fast - I promise!
>Do you plan to update Primitives soon?

Curves, Images, some form handling primitives (onmaximimize etc.) and DrawString are the most important outstanding ones. Its work in progress.
We are always looking for some help - even if its one small piece:)

>Image crashes for me.  X error X_ChangeGC.
Rhys is working on that - we are taking our time to get it right because there are a couple of different ways to go and only one best. We prob wont have it done before the 0.1 release but its v. high on the list.

>When I click on aTab the whole Tabs are updated with a kind of flicker.
Thats me, in my first control, I incorrectly used invalidate to redraw areas - in X especially this isnt a good idea. I will be fixing that.

Thanks for the feedback Alain!