[DotGNU]I'm leaving

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]I'm leaving
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:08:41 +0200

Hi folks,

just wanted to say that I'm leaving DotGNU. SilverScheme and FSEDU activities
are eating up my time and I also realised that DotGNU has taken a course which
is quite different from mine.

As for Forum, it's more or less dead (at least I'm not working on it anymore).
Forum is actually yet another groupware system, with a chatbox integrated. I realised that does not constute a real inovation or even an improvement for DotGNU (there is already phpGroupware as a groupware suite in DotGNU). I also don't really have the time for it anymore. If anybody feels like taking up the project let me know.

On the subject of differing courses. I'm an opponent of the single bytecode idea as implemented in IL and no longer wish to be part of a project which uses this bytecode as the standard to which all other languages/bytecodes are subordinate.

Greetings,

Peter