Re: [DotGNU]C# documentation comments in pnetlib

From: Maciek
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]C# documentation comments in pnetlib
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:36:45 +0800

Would Intel's OCL docs be of any use? http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocl

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 08:22 am, Baron Schwartz wrote:

2) Are there any license issues?  Can we legally add similar or identical
documentation as exists in the MS .NET documentation?

As Stephen indicated, you must not look at the MS documentation or Rotor code while writing the comments, or legal issues may occur.

A lot of the core classes are already documented in the ECMA specifications, and we usually refer people to them if they need class library docs. Duplicating ECMA didn't seem very useful at the time.

But if you'd like to take this on (keeping the "don't look at MS" rule in mind), then that would be great.

Cheers,

Rhys.