RE: [DotGNU]Hanging problem

From: Russell Stuart
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Hanging problem
Date: 07 May 2004 13:20:37 +1000

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 13:10, Thong (Tum) Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> If you throw a test case my way I can give debugging it a go.

You must know me well enough by now that if I could produce a simple
test case and send it to you, I would.  But, I haven't found any way of
making it happen, other than by running my entire program.

I would _very_ much like you to do that - I need all the help I can
get.  As I have said before it is not hard to do, but it will take some
coordination between you and me, probably over IRC or some such.

> I think my algorithm is even simpler than yours now.

Excellent!  That was my real problem with it.  Not the speed - but the
unnecessary complexity.  It was the complexity that was slowing it down.

If I get some time in the future, I will look into the stuff in
support/, such as wait*.c, and wakeup.c.  The way tasks are allocated
between them seems to suffer from the same problem.