Re: [DotGNU]Fix to Bug 8984

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Fix to Bug 8984
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- David Logan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have updates to Widget.cs and MdiClientWidget.cs.
> I do not know who to
> send the sources to, so they are attached. The
> problem boils down to this:

Thanks for tracking this down ... We are really
short of people ,and it helps when people coming
in do find and fix problems deep down in the
library.

Seriously, I won't have looked at this bug in
this month ... because I'm really running on
a tight schedule :)

> My solution was to add a bool to Widget.cs, called
> "mdiWidget".
> MdiClientWidget.cs sets this bool to true when it
> creates MDI child
> windows. Then Widget.cs knows to keep travelling
> upward rather than stop
> there.

Since I think there might be a more elegant solution
to this :) ... I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon for
it to hit me (or you or anyone reading this) , if it
doesn't, I'll just check in your code as it is..

Gopal