dragora-users

[Dragora-users] (feat req) kernel no virtio-scsi support

From: Jing Luo
Subject: [Dragora-users] (feat req) kernel no virtio-scsi support
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 12:26:31 +0900

there was a
"kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)". [...]

Thanks Matías. But I also had this issue. There was only one partition but the kernel couldn't find it...no matter what kernel parameter I tried.

After a few hours of trial and errors I discovered that the kernel couldn't mount rootfs if the disk controller in qemu is set to virtio-scsi. I switched to virtio-blk and everything worked. I have not encountered a kernel build that doesn't support virtio-scsi...

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/