dtas-all

Re: dtas-console doesn't work on my system

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: dtas-console doesn't work on my system
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 17:15:07 +0000

Rene Maurer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Since now I have never used 'dtas-console'. I have tried it the first
> time and it doesn't work:
>
> | dtas-conole
>
> | /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
> | `require': cannot load such file -- curses (LoadError)

I think you built/installed Ruby without the necessary dependencies for
the curses extension.  In any case, Ruby 2.2.0 split out "curses" as a
separate RubyGem.

You'll need the necessary build dependency (libncurses5-dev on Debian)
to build + install it:

        sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
        gem install curses

I think RH-based systems have named the build-dep "ncurses-devel" or
similar

> Other dtas components (dtas-player, dtas-ctl, dtas-enq) work fine.

Right, dtas-console is totally optional.