duplicity-talk

Re: [Duplicity-talk] Notice for S3/GCS Users

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Notice for S3/GCS Users
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 14:06:39 -0400

Yeah, I have the same CPAN issues as PyPi.   That is one reason I like fink is that it does a source installation that is fairly easy to update and it isolates all its packages to a separate directory tree.

I agree that leading zero has been there for a long time.  However, I would move to 1.0.0 in the next major release instead of jumping to 8.X.X which may confuse people about where all those intermediate versions were.  There used to be feature list for versions back in launchpad?  Has duplicity been moved to gitlab vs. launchpad these days?
https://launchpad.net/duplicity/+series

Skip 0.9 and make this 1.0.0?

Duplicity 0.9-series series

This series will feature the full transition from Python 2 to Python 3 native code, no python-future support.

-Scott