dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] UDP support?

From: Simon
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] UDP support?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:17:50 +0100

On Friday 01 March 2002 03:27, you wrote:
> Hi Dr Simon,
>
> Thank you for your fast reply.
>
> I'll receive that DVDR-A03, next week.
> Meantime, could you help me to solve some issues?
>
> 1. Does dvdrtools support UDP format for standard DVD player,
> or only ISO?

You probably mean "UDF".
I *think* that dvdrecord supports packet writing - as an experimental
feature, though. In any case, the author happens to get by this mailing-list
from time to time... ;-)

> 2. As I read, if I have an mpeg2 file, I still need an Authorization
> software
> to make an .VOB file, then using dvdrtools to write it in DVD. Is it
> correct?
> If it is, which software you are using for linux?

I have very basic needs concerning DVD burning: data archiving.
Thus, I am definitely no expert in the above mentioned topics.

--

Greetings,

        Simon.

Dr. Simone Grabstein