dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] pioneer DVR-105 and dvdrtools

From: Jay Berkenbilt
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] pioneer DVR-105 and dvdrtools
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 09:38:02 -0500

>   So it looks as if the Sony-DRU500 is the only sane choice of drive, but it
>   is supported yet by dvdtools?

Sadly, no.  But the +R/+RW support with dvd+rw-tools works very well
with it, and you can use cdrecord-prodvd which is free (beer, not
speech) for non-commercial use to create DVD-R and DVD-RW.  I have had
problems, however, with some DVD-R discs that I write with it using
cdrecord-prodvd on drives that I know can read DVD-R in general
without a problem.