dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] StorQuest SQ-314 and TAO mode

From: Nicolas Noble
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] StorQuest SQ-314 and TAO mode
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:01:49 +0200 (CEST)

[snip]
> Vendor_info    : '_NEC    '
> Identifikation : 'DVD_RW ND-1300A '
> Revision       : '1.05'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-R(W) driver (mmc_mdvd).
> Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO
> Drive buf size : 1605632 = 1568 KB
> FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
> dvdrecord: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> dvdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.
>
> Obviously TAO is not supported, but it's written on the box: supported
> modes DAO, SAO, TAO. Does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong?
>
> My system is a Debian Woody box with the latest dvdrtools compiled and
> I'm trying to burn a DVD-R.

Hello,

  It seems your device is the NEC ND-1300A, which is a DVD+/-RW burner.
The writings on your box is correct, but has to be specified for the mode:
for DVD+R, only SAO and packet writing modes are supported. TAO would be
for DVD-R, and DAO, for CD-R IMHO. So if you try recording a DVD+R, I
think this error would be normal.

  Cheers,

  -- Nicolas Noble