dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Help with Sony DRX-500ULX drive

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Help with Sony DRX-500ULX drive
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:14:23 +1200

> I've been playing with prodvd and it isn't completely reliable. I am
> having problems blanking a disk. Also as said here... The drive supports
> tao but for some reason I can't write in TAO.
>
> cdrecord-wrapper just called cdrecord-prodvd.

I observed some anomalies as well, where one command gave a SCSI error and
the same command works fine, after ejecting and reloading the disk. Try
that. You also need to say what media you have.

Come to think of it, I wrote a dvd-rw with firmware 2.0c and
Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01a12, but as it was a new disk and it worked first
time I haven't tried to blank it yet. Haven't tried to write a dvd+rw on the
Sony either (if the drive was available to me I'd try it out).

Did you ever try to get the packet writing going?

Jörg says DVD+R(W) support is new and shaky, if you are indeed using DVD+RW,
support for that may not be complete on the Sony yet. :(

You should report this to Jörg (mentally prepare yourself for a very rude
response but report is anyway).

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.