dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] problems burning DVD-Rs: Unknown ID code

From: Mitch Davis
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] problems burning DVD-Rs: Unknown ID code
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:29:50 +1000

Hi Mike and Volker,

Mike Devlin wrote:
>> Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
>>
>>    fez:/archive # ./cdrecord-ProDVD -dao dev=1,0,0 -v filename.iso
>>
>> I've never tried to write isos in -dao mode. What happens if you leave
>> that out?
>>
>> -atip and -toc should show whether the media is really blank.
>
> trying without the -dao option yields the same results.
>
> the -atip option says:
> Disk type: unknown dye (reserved id code)
> Manuf. index: -1
> Manufacturer: unknown (not in table)

I know this conversation is a few weeks old, but I only just started
reading this list.

I get exactly the same problem.  I am using (or trying to use) Princo
DVD-R 4x and Princo DVD-RW 2x in a Teac DV-W50E patched with the
latest 1.30 firmware.

Any clues why they're not being identified?  Anything I can do that
will help in diagnosing the problem?

Many thanks,

Mitch.