dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] problems continued...

From: klaus
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] problems continued...
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:06:39 +0200

Hi Folks!

At first many thanks for your quick responses to my
first question(s)!

The -dao option works - means that I am now in the state
that I already had reached earlier. Everything seems to be working
until the writing process should start:

What seems strange to me:
(?) The lead-in has a vaklue of -150 (or is the lead-in always
    before the first track and thus has a negative value?)
(?) The Disk type is 'Unknown'
(?) The Manufacturer index is '-1'. Are these 2 values important
    to burn the DVD?

And the cause for the abortion:
(?) 'Command sequence error' (see first log)

The Medium is a TRAXDATA 4.7GB DVD-RW (or DVD-R, no matter which I try)

Trying to blank the DVD-RW seemed to be working earlier
but now also results in an error; I'm not sure if this error
is an error if the output 'blank unit:' references the DVD in the
drive and indicates that the DVD is empty (and early blanking was successfull).
The output of the blanking process is in the 2nd log

I hope somebody can help me again - cause if this
DVD-burner won't be working until the end of the week
with Linux, I must try it with Wi.....!!!

greetings,
Klaus!

--
Klaus Siegesleitner - address@hidden
SysAdmin at CAME (Center of Applied Molecular Engineering)