dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] writing a filesystem image to dvd requires loop mount

From: Derrell . Lipman
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] writing a filesystem image to dvd requires loop mount to access
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:04:37 -0400

I have a ~4.2GB partition on my hard drive which contains a reiserfs-formatted
file system.  I write this partition to DVD+RW media using:

  growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=/dev/hda10

I am unable to mount the DVD "normally":

  mount /dev/scd0 /mnt

but I can mount it using the loop device:

  mount -o loop /dev/scd0 /mnt

Since what I wrote was an actual partition with a file system, I would expect
to be able to just mount the DVD without the loop device being involved.  What
must I do differently in order to be able to mount the file system without the
loop device being involved?

Thanks!

Derrell