dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Value too large udf mkisofs

From: Sean Johnson
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Value too large udf mkisofs
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:52:22 -0400

I've been using mkisofs 2.01a34 to burn large files via growisofs using the -udf flag without any troubles. This is on a gentoo box. Just the other day I put a 3.8GB avi file on a dvd.

Craig Lewis wrote:

Hello,

I have used mkisofs to produce large single file dvd backups for some time now. I have recently changed jobs, and while I could go back to my previouis employer and get the source code I need, I would much rather find the 'right' code repository. What I found about a year ago was that all production versions of mkisofs will not allow you to create a single large file greater than 2 GB. I wrote someone a letter and they told me to create a UDF file system and to use the latest version. Now as I remember it, the server was down, maybe that was savanah? and I wrote again and got a code patch, or something like that! It worked great, even a windows machine could read our large udfs just fine, and I didn't worry about it because I figured surely, one year later, the latest version would have the support for large files. At that time I was running slakware 8 or 9. Now I am running Fedora core 2. 2.6.7 kernel version. I have just downloaded dvdrtools 0.1.6 and I am careful to run the /usr/local/bin/mkisofs version, but alas, it comes back with

usr/local/bin/mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File outaa is too large - ignoring

Can anyone point me to a more appropriate version or give advice as to how to construct an image of udf filesystem which is approximately 4.4
gigs in size (image of a single file).?

--
<http://www.ebaseweb.com> WEB DESIGN * HOSTING * EMAIL Craig Lewis <mailto:address@hidden>
        Ebase LLC       (504) 368-2236