dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Video pad for file VIDEO_TS.VOB is -5

From: Bhikkhu Mettavihari
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Video pad for file VIDEO_TS.VOB is -5
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:22:54 +0600

Hi friends,
I have been trying to make copies of a New DVD
that was mastered using a Panasonic stand-alone CD writer.
I am copying this CD using my DVD writer
and my OS is Linux Gentoo I have installed K3B but found that I could not do it with that program.
I next went to do it at the commandline.
using the help file on http://dvd.chevelless230.com My first command was
//Copy of DVD Content as root:
# dvdbackup -M -n MEDITATION -i /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/tarket0/lun0/cd -o /root/newdvd
This copied all the files into root/newdvd/MEDITATION/VIDEO_TS
The directory AUDIO_TS was not on the CD so I created it.
//To create the image I used the following command:
# mkisofs -dvd-video -o dhamma_dvd2.iso root/newdvd/MEDITATION
The Program halted with the error:
The pad was 1877 for file VIDEO_TS.BUP
The pad was 42 for file VIDEO_TS.IFO
mkisofs: Implementation botch. Video pad for file VIDEO_TS.VOB is -5
mkisofs: Either the *.ISO file is bad or you found a mkisofs bug Help is much appriciated as this is a very urgent job

Regards
Mettavihari
--
A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/