dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] recording dual layer fails

From: Christopher M. Jones
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] recording dual layer fails
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:41:47 -0400

I've got a Lite-On SOHW-1693S. Using dvdrecord, I am unable to burn dual
layer media.

Here's the output from GnomeBaker:

Executing 'builtin_dd if=/home/cmj/dvd/mabuse2.iso of=/dev/hdd obs=32k
seek=0'
/dev/hdd: splitting layers at 1906320 blocks
:-[ SEND DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER RECORDING INFORMATION failed with
SK=5h/ASC=26h/ACQ=00h]: Input/output error

dvdrecord gave me a similar error, but the last few times I've tried it
it seems to not recognize that there is dual layer media in there, so I
can't post the output until I figure that one out.

I googled this error and the only hints I found were to restart and try
ejecting the media, both of which I've tried several times. Any ideas
what is wrong?