elyxer-users

[eLyXer-users] eLyXer future (was Re: css suggestion)

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer future (was Re: css suggestion)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 11:08:37 +0200

Hi John,

I am CC'ing the eLyXer list since this is an interesting point, I hope
you don't mind.

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, John Boik <suppressed> wrote:
> I was just reading about lyx 2.0, which will include some html support.
> If I may ask, how do you see this affecting elyxer?

LyX HTML support is quite limited: it's ugly and bloated, it outputs
MathML always (something which cannot be read by IE and therefore by
70+% of users out there), it cannot be imported in Word, it will not
split chapters into separate pages ... It is nice to have something
out of the box, but if you want something more advanced, eLyXer will
continue to be developed in the foreseeable future. I know I will need
it.

Alex.