elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Merge options toc and toctarget

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Merge options toc and toctarget
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:32:37 +0100

Hi José Ramón,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Jose Ramon Alvarez Sanchez
<address@hidden> wrote:
> By the way, I'm not sure if it is necessary to have both --toc and
> --toctarget, because using only --toc produce a toc file of no use
> with all links pointing to itself, --toctarget is always needed to
> explicit the name of file to address the links. So probably a merge
> of --toc and --toctarget is needed. On the other hand the option
> --target is used to name the "target" option in links anchor tags,
> so the name --toctarget is a little bit confusing (maybe the merge
> of --toc and --toctarget could be named --tocto  or --tocfor).

A very good suggestion. We might phase out --toc and --toctarget in
favor of --tocto. I am adding it to the wish list (maybe not for this
version, but for the next).

By the way, I don't think deprecated options should appear in the
--help for more than a couple of minor versions, so for 1.2 we may
stop documenting --nocopy already.

Alex.