Re: regex.[ch]

From: Noah Friedman
Subject: Re: regex.[ch]
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:22:43 -0700 (PDT)

>I have moved regex.[ch] to subversions, and it is sitting in its own
>module "regex".
>
>I have copied the files also into the emacs repository and written myself
>a todo that this must happen automatically.  There is now a warning at
>the top of the file advising people not to change it unless it's from the
>modules in subversions because there changes will get overwritten on the
>next commit to regex.[ch].  Please read this and suggest changes, I'm
>just waking up, and English eludes me sometimes. =)

Why don't you create symlinks in the repository instead of making a full
copy?  Then it will automatically be kept up to date in both places.  CVS
does correctly handle this, and I believe this is how regex.[ch] was dealt
with on the old repository.  The only problem with that approach is that
ChangeLog entries for regex were written to the emacs ChangeLog, not the
regex ChangeLog, but it's possible to update the latter from the cvs log
from time to time.