Re: strange fontset display

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: strange fontset display
Date: 24 Sep 2000 21:55:55 +0100

Jaeyoun Chung <address@hidden> writes:

> ... emacs is not listening to me.
> moreover, what emacs shows me is completely different font -- the most ugly
> font. it used to be working until emacs-20.6 and this font also works with
> xemacs. does anybody have any clue?

I'm not sure if this could be related, but I have been having problems
with fonts on NT for the last couple of weeks. Today I managed to track
it down to the following change:

2000-09-08  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

        * faces.el (face-spec-set): Only face-spec-reset-face when
        ATTRS is non-nil.

On NT, this results in a situation where the ASCII font cannot be
changed after startup (I have not fully investigated how it affects
other character sets, but they do seem to work). I am not sure if this
problem exists on X as well, but judging by the code, I think it
might.

--
Jason Rumney <address@hidden>