Re: Crash in show_busy_cursor.

From: Gerd Moellmann
Subject: Re: Crash in show_busy_cursor.
Date: 01 Dec 2000 13:49:47 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> (I can't even get this show_busy_cursor to be called when running
> under the debugger), so I cannot get any more information (like
> register values etc).

handle SIGALRM ignore

in .gdbinit?

[...]

> If I can find a way to repeat this problem, I will try it.

I think it would be useful to look at the value of `frame' when it
happens the next time, or maybe even the car of `rest'.  With GDB's
xframe, we'd get the real value of `f' that was used here.

In my limited experience with crashes on Sparcs, the SEGV almost
always screws up the values of local variables beyond recognition.
Many backtraces I get for example, list parameter values, which simply
can't be true because Emacs would have crashed with them much
earlier.

Another idea: do you remember if there were any tooltip windows
involved at the time of the crash?  I'm not sure if it can happen at
all that show_busy_cursor is called when one is open, but IIRC, the
tooltip windows don't have widgets.  Maybe you can test this somehow?