Re[2]: Speedbar segv

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: Speedbar segv
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:03:15 -0400

>>> Gerd Moellmann <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>"Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have found an Emacs 21 segv (CVS synched on this past Saturday)
>> which, unfortunately, has some extensive requirements to make happen.
>>
>> First, the following packages need to be stuck somewhere:
>>
>> eieio 0.16: cedet.sourceforge.net/eieio.shtml
>> ede 1.0beta2:        "           /ede.shtml
>>
>> Next:
>>
>> --------------------------
>> emacs -q
>> ;; In your *scratch* buffer, eval these
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/eieio-0.16")
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/ede-1.0.beta2")
>> ;; End
>> M-x load-library RET ede RET
>

>Eric, I'm afraid I don't get further than this.  Loading `ede'
>gives a ``speedbar-message: Wrong type argument: framep, nil''.
>Likewise when I try to compile the files in EDE-1.0.beta2 with
>the Makefile there.

Yes, that error is ok.  It happens after all the important EDE
functions which cause the segv are loaded in.  It is OK to continue
with the above directions after this error which is what I did when
trying to find the minimum set of things to download.  If you do want
to fix this to continue, you can get speedbar 0.14 beta1 which has the
appropriate fixes in it, or you can remove the last few lines after
the (provide 'ede) in ede.el which throws the error, and is not deeded
to reproduce the bug.

Thanks
Eric

--