Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: expand-file-name in fileio.c twice?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 14:41:31 +0200

   From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:54:04 +0200 (IST)

   > > #if 0
   > > /* Changed this DEFUN to a DEAFUN, so as not to confuse `make-docfile'.
*/
   > > DEAFUN ("expand-file-name", Fexpand_file_name, Sexpand_file_name, 1, 2,
0,
   > >   "Convert FILENAME to absolute, and canonicalize it.\n\
   >
   > In the case of expand-file-name, IIRC it's the old version of the code,
   > it's there since v20.1 or something ("cvs annotate" should tell).  I

OK, so in this case: can I remove that code? It is not used, it is in CVS
so we can not lose it. It only takes space in the sources. I'd like to know
your opinion on this.

What is the reason to have old versions both in CVS and in the current,
latest sources?
--
Pavel Janík

It's known to be very buggy (it comes directly from the hardware
manufacturer).
                  -- Hubert Mantel about some driver for eth. card