Re: lexical mumblings

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: lexical mumblings
Date: 22 Oct 2001 10:34:16 +0900

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:
> > a nice solution might be to make normal vectors callable if
> > their first element is a function, such that --
> >
> >    (funcall (vector F a b c) x y z) == (funcall F a b c x y z)
>
> I'm not sure this is a good idea.  It means that (functionp (vector 1))
> should now return t instead of nil which might break some code.

Vectors would only be funcallable if their first element is also.
`functionp' would reflect that constraint, so (functionp (vector 1))
would return nil, but (functionp (vector 'cons)) would return t.

Of course, if it really is too dangerous, then a `curried object' could
just be another Lisp_VectorLike object, and `make-closure' and `curry'
would still be synonymous.

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.