Re: Building fails on Debian woody because of stupid autoconf wrapper

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Building fails on Debian woody because of stupid autoconf wrapper
Date: 25 Oct 2001 12:27:28 +0100

 EZ> Kai, I'd like to fix that for those who have the previous version
 EZ> of Debian.

Forget the _previous_ version.  The _current_ version of Debian has
only autoconf 2.13.  Kai is using an unreleased version under which I
currently can't even compile and link Emacs.  It's daft to remove
useful information under such circumstances.  There's too little
recorded already.

For what it's worth, I did the relevant configurey -- in consultation
with Paul Eggert, at least -- and I agree with Andreas, as usual.  You
should remove aclocal.m4 and use the (enhanced?) macros from autoconf
2.52.  That was the intention after there was a new autoconf release,
at an appropriate time for Emacs maintenance, of course.