Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: address@hidden: blink-cursor improvement suggestion]
Date: 27 Feb 2002 11:12:27 +0100

>     Below you'll find a patch which does this (when the block cursor is used).
>
> What should blinking do when the vertical bar cursor shape is used?

I have tried to use the hollow cursor also in this case, and I might
even like it better than blinking between the filled and hollow block
cursors.

However, I think doing this by default will aggrevate some users, so I
decided to leave the current behaviour (on/off) when the bar cursor is
used.

Maybe a different shape of the bar "off" cursor would be acceptable, e.g.
a half-height line or similar.

An idea would be to have an explicit cursor-off-type variable similar to
cursor-type, except that it can ALSO have values hollow and mini-bar.
Then users could choose themselves which cursor shapes to blink between.
E.g. block and bar would also be a possiblity.

I'll try some more experiments...