Re: PO files and Emacs

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: PO files and Emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 06:29:06 +0100

> Are you saying that this is a problem which po.el does not handle and
> that we need to fix?

It was my intention to describe the PO file format informally.

> The other messages don't seem to describe an outstanding problem.
> They seem to describe a file that already works fine.

Yes.  The feature request is to add po.el to Emacs---is this possible?
The code is already disclaimed, since it's basically distributed with
GNU gettext and the algorithms ware invented by François and Bruno.

Then some updates (check list of available encodings) or minor fixes are
necessary (change encoding from UTF-8 to something else; UTF-8 is only
used for po.el because of 1 "ç" inside of a comment string).

When po.el is installed I'll help to test it.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o