jit-lock-stealth-load

From: Stephen Gildea
Subject: jit-lock-stealth-load
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:19:39 -0500

I would like to see the default value of jit-lock-stealth-load lowered
from 200 to 100.

With the current value of 200, I can have some foreground,
compute-intensive process running, and unbeknownst to me, Emacs is
slowing me down stealthily fontifying a large buffer because the load is
only 175%.  It is only when I have two other processes running that the
load will rise above 200% and Emacs stop interfering.  That is too
intrusive.

A value of 100 stops jit-lock-stealth from working when my CPU becomes
100% busy.  That seems like exactly the right moment for jit-lock to get
out of the way.

 < Stephen