Re: earn $100 and reduce the Emacs TODO list

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: earn $100 and reduce the Emacs TODO list
Date: 08 May 2002 05:04:03 -0400

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 20:12, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> It shouldn't be too difficult from what I understand (but I don't
> understand much of Xlib programming).  For what it's worth I have
> appended a quick-hack "anti-aliased fonts for XEmacs" patch posted
> to the XEmacs list a while back.

I will ask Vladimir if he's willing to assign copyright, so his code
could at least be used as a base.  I have a feeling though that this
code will probably be very hard to port to Emacs, since (as I understand
things) we don't have as much of an abstraction layer in our redisplay
backends.

Thanks for pointing out the existence of this code, though.