Re: Customize fringe

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Customize fringe
Date: 09 May 2002 21:28:30 +0900

It seems rather odd to package this functionality as `fringe-mode',
since a `mode' suggests something that's typicall either on or off.
There are many possible states for fringes, of which quite a few will
probably be popular (some that come to mind are full/full [the default],
0/full, half/half, and 0/0 [no fringes]), and I don't think that image
we should present to users is of something that is either all there or
not there at all.

[Incidentally, why did your patch preload `fringe'?  I shouldn't think
it would be necessary.]

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."