Re: "patch" to smtpmail.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "patch" to smtpmail.el
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 00:30:58 -0600 (MDT)

    I committed something similar recently (rev 1.43).  Or were you
    thinking about the variable name?  I chosed mail-address instead.

Yes, your later change solved the same problem.
I had not seen it yet.  I'm always a day behind.

    I don't understand why the previous idea didn't work though.
    Shouldn't letting a variable to a variable take priority over the
    buffer-local or global variable (as the case may be)?

No, it doesn't.