Re: Replacement for C-x 8 based on input methods

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Replacement for C-x 8 based on input methods
Date: 15 May 2002 00:38:27 +0900

A few comments:

. I don't like the prompt -- I like the way the old C-x 8 code doesn't
  show anything in the input area [until the normal time-delayed
  key-echo display shows something -- note that this still happens if
  you use `read-char' without a prompt]

. It's not necessary to say

      (if old-method
          (activate-input-method old-method)
        (inactivate-input-method)))))

  because `activate-input-method' will do the Right Thing if
  old-method is nil.

. You don't have to convert the character list to a string and then
  insert it -- you can just apply #'insert to the list, because insert
  also works with multiple character arguments...

(sorry if these seem like nit-picking!)

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff