Re: & requires l-value

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: & requires l-value
Date: 21 May 2002 16:39:48 +0900

> I'm getting the following error while compiling on Windows with MSVC:
>
> w32fns.c(7255) : error C2102: '&' requires l-value
>
> The offending line is:
>
>         lpef->tail = &(XCDR (*lpef->tail));

I guess it could use XCDR_AS_LVALUE instead of XCDR.

That code seems kind of dodgy to me though; it seems cleaner to just
make the `tail' field in enumfont_t a normal Lisp_Object that points to
either Qnil or a cons cell, and do the list splicing doing XSETCDR (it
has a pointer to the head of the list anyway, so the nil case isn't a
problem).

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia