Re: address@hidden: No characters, only boxes in splash screen]

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: address@hidden: No characters, only boxes in splash screen]
Date: 04 Jun 2002 14:01:17 +0200

I wrote:

> When I start up emacs-21.2.90 under X, the splash screen does not show
> any characters, only boxes.  I think this is due to my resource setting:
> Emacs*font: neep-iso8859-15-14.  (When I remove that setting, I get a
> correct splash screen in Helvetica.)

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce that problem anymore.  Since I
rebooted my machine, it no longer happens.  I get a correct splash
screen even with the above setting.

I recently rearranged my font path, adding some anti-aliased fonts.
Maybe this has had something to do with it.

I will let you know if I should see anything odd again.