Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 05 Jun 2002 11:02:21 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> > It seems odd that O2's real `face' property should be ignored in
> > favor of O1's mere alias in that case.
>
> I don't see it as particularly odd; I view the aliases as being
> functionally equivalent to the actual properties when they're in effect.

My impression was that there was a hierarchy -- `real' properties would
always override `aliases', and `aliases' would be applied in strictly
the same order as they occurred in the appropriate alist entry.

Perhaps such a guarantee is not necessary, but I'd like to get some more
opinions on it.

> If you wanted O2's "real" face property to override O1's "aliased"
> face property, then it seems to me you'd do that in the same way you
> would handle two overlays with "real" face properties; by setting the
> `priority' property of the overlays.

If you're right that there's no hierarchy of aliases, then this is a
good point.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.