Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Patch to disable links line in *info* buffer
Date: 08 Jun 2002 02:52:05 +0200

> This change would be a change for the worse.

As I read the comments, the new behaviour with two
almost identical header lines was a change to the worse.

> The link line should be
> visible by default, so that the possibility of using it is
> self-evident.

IMO, there is no self-evident purpose of the duplicate header lines.

It never occurred to me that copying part of the header would
be useful -- and presenting two header lines for that sole
purpose doesn't warrant for the obvious unpleasant visual
appearence.

> As an optional feature, it is worthless.

IMO, the extra header line is worthless too.

> Nobody has presented a real reason why this is bad.

Nobody seems to like it.  Are there really any real
reasons why this is good?