Re: NT Emacs make problem..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: NT Emacs make problem..
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:44:11 -0600 (MDT)

    I always run autoconf, then configure, then make bootstrap.  This
    means that sometimes I get CVS conflicts in lisp/cus-load.el,
    lisp/loaddefs.el and, occasionally, the configure script.  "cvs
    update -C" is my friend.

Since you know how to cope with running Autoconf yourself, it is
useful that you test it.  However, I think we should not recommend the
running of Autoconf as part of the usual way to build Emacs from the
CVS version.