Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 11 Jun 2002 08:53:51 +0900

>     Ah, never mind, it's because I was really using `shell-mode' (which uses
>     comint), and shell-mode actually does define some real font-lock keywords.
> Is that still best method for shell-mode to do the highlighting it
> wants to do?  Or would it be more efficient to do the highlighting
> manually and use the new mechanism?

The special shell-mode highlighting I was referring to (as distinguished
from the general highlighting done by comint) is something that is best
done by regexps.

I think the current, `combined' state is the best (in fact, it's very
convenient -- you can use whatever combination of tools gets the job
done the best).

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.