Re: Integrate Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Integrate Tramp
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:36:16 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that remote paths are _often_ hairy, and so deserve some
> special treatment to make them more manageable.

Does the variable directory-abbrev-alist help here?  I read the
documentation, but I'm not sure if it helps.

I agree that it would be nice to have this feature.  I did not regard
it as important so I didn't work on it.  (I still get bug reports
about Tramp being unable to connect in some situation, which means
I've got to start hunting for some bug.)

kai