Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Building emacs with and without X -- packaging question.
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 01:00:07 -0500

> Can you arrange to see the list of directories in both cases, and
> compare them?  If they are different, can you find out where the
> difference originates from?

Sure.

I changed the lisp/Makefile.in custom-deps rule as follows.  The only
difference it to write a timestamped file containing $$wins to /tmp.
The resulting files (one from the X build, and one from the no-X
build) were identical, but the cus-load.el files in the two resulting
build trees were still different.

custom-deps: cus-load.el doit
        wd=$(lisp); $(setwins); \
        echo Directories: $$wins; \
        echo $$wins | sort | perl -pe 's/ /\n/gmo' > /tmp/cdep-$$(datestamp); \
        $(EMACS) $(EMACSOPT) -l cus-dep -f custom-make-dependencies $$wins

If it matters, I perform the two builds in separate build directories
using the standard "${srcdir}/configure ..." approach, and I perform a
"make boostrap" for each.

However, before we go any further, let me try this again using the
unmodified upstream source.  I should have thought to do that
initially, but I didn't.  So let me make sure this isn't being caused
by any of the debian diffs.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning