Re: picture mode

From: Duke Patterson
Subject: Re: picture mode
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

--- Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     > What is the easiest way to draw a rectangle in
> picture mode?  The
>     > command C-c C-r will draw a rectangle between
> mark and point, but I
>     > can't mark on an empty line.
>
> I am not sure what "can't mark on an empty line"
> means.
> Would you please state a precise test case so I can
> be sure
> I understand?

The following is from the discussion in the
gnu.emacs.help newsgroup:

With `transient-mark-mode' t the region becomes
inactive when you move to a buffer position that is
not yet created by `picture-mode'?

C-f/C-b/C-n/C-p should automatically insert spaces to
extend short lines when necessary. This does not
happen.

I hope the above description is clarifies the problem.

Sincerely,