Re: No calc in pretest?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No calc in pretest?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:23:24 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Jon Cast wrote:

> Is there any chance y'all could be persuaded to number releases in a
> way that'll make it obvious what's a bug fix and what's a release
> from CVS head?

The information whether a release is a bugfix is in etc/NEWS, right at
the beginning.  So if you need to know this, you can find the info.

As for using X.Y.Z version numbers, I don't mind, but some code in Emacs
needs to be changed for this to work: currently, any version with 3
numbers is assumed to be a pretest by emacsbug.el and maybe other places.
Also, loadup.el bumps up the 3rd version number automatically each time
you rebuild the binary.

[Personally, I don't see what's the fuss about the version numbering
(other packages, such as Texinfo, do the same as Emacs), but that's just
me.]