Re: Keymap customization

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Keymap customization
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:23:55 -0400

    As I said, I believe Alex' implementation will be forward compatible
    with a define-key based solution, and I also believe this will be the
    most important single improvement for ordinary users since Emacs 21.1,
    so I believe we should go ahead with Alex' code.

It would be better to do this than to make no change, but I asked Alex
if he would be willing to redo it the other way.