Re: while-no-input

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: while-no-input
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:59:09 -0400

>     But that's the case that I'm bumping up against.
>     And the solution is pretty simple and localized as I have shown.
> The change is very ugly; too much to be justified by the intended goal.

Could you explain what part you find ugly ?

> However, it would cleaner if instead of generating a quit signal it
> did a throw to a specified tag.

The reason I didn't do that is that it didn't seem necessary
and that I didn't want the QUIT macro to grow, but I could introduce
a new function `quit' that the QUIT macro could call and which would
either call `Fsignal (Qquit, Qnil)' ot `Fthrow (...)'.

        Stefan