Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 12:14:51 -0400

    > They are likely to get info files divided between /usr/share/info and
    > /usr/local/share/info without ever thinking about whether they wanted
    > that.

    And they'll get executables in both /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin.
    Seems quite normal to me.

"Merging" of /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin by searching PATH works
very cleanly, so it is not a problem.  If merging Info directories
could work smoothly as that, it would not be a problem to have
multiple Info directories either.  We can aim for that, but I am
not confident that we will get there.