Re: Latest CVS version on Mac OS 10.2.1 does not work from dock if Emacs

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: Latest CVS version on Mac OS 10.2.1 does not work from dock if Emacs.app is put in /Applications
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:29:46 -0600

> I downloaded the latest CVS version at noon today and installed a
> clean version, putting the Emacs.app file into my /Applications
> directory as usual.  Although I could start up by double-clicking
> the Emacs application, I could not start by clicking on the image I
> dragged to the dock, which I used to be able to do.
>
> When I moved the Emacs.app file back to the emacs/mac directory from
> where it came and then dragged it to the dock, I could open it by
> clicking on the image in the dock.
>
> But I would like to keep it in my /Applications directory.  What to
> do?
>
>  Gil

Hi Gil,

Perhaps you can try rebuilding the launch service database as
described here:

  http://developer.apple.com/carbon/tipsandtricks.html#RebuildLS

Note that while it says `log out and log in again', I suggest
rebooting.

I think I've also noticed that in the past.  But once I'd launched by
clicking the icon in the Finder, the one in the dock started working.

Andrew.