Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:36:46 -0700

An update: I haven't yet run under GDB, but today I finally updated
to the newest Emacs 21.3.50 from CVS, and tried running again on my
laptop (P300, 96 Mb RAM, slow hard drive).

After pressing "reply" to compose this e-mail, I went to the first
line of the message and typed "C-n" four times.  I had my co-worker
time the pause on his stopwatch.  It took 5 wall-clock seconds for
the cursor to move.

Yes, I have a lot of packages loaded, but realize that on the same
machine, 21.2 does not pause at all.

My time is limited this year to work on the problem, but maybe
someone who knows the C sources better would be willing to login to
IRC and help me track things down?  My typing has been a full
sentence behind me while writing this letter.

John